No this isn’t the part where there is a bounty of hilarious kids photos…well….not the human kind at least!
Its hard to explain why Little White Goat cheese’s taste different without explaining how the farm is different.
- The herd is the split, boys and girls are kept seperate. We will spare you the details, but in short, the boys goats tend to wee on and around the girls goats which then impacts the flavour of the girl goats milk…it gives the milk a more ‘gamey’ flavour.
- By separating the boys from the girls the milk is smoother in its flavour profile which means the cheese starts on the smoothest base and results in and overall smother tastier cheese.
- The goats at Little White Goat Cheese are not subjected to any kind of hormone or light therapy to affect their breeding cycle and milk supply, they cycle and breed just like nature intended.
- The Little White Goat Cheese goats are milked every day. They enjoy a hearty feed while they are milked and Karen supervises each goats milking process to ensure they are not at any point stressed or uncomfortable.
- Each goat at Little White Goat Cheese has its own name. They come to their name to be milked each morning. The hardest part is coming up with new names each year for the new additions.
- The milk the goats at Little White Goat Cheese produce is creamier that most Goat Milk. This is thanks to their high quality diet…and all the hugs they get probably helps at well.
Yes, they are part of the family and they are treated as well as any family member would be… and you can taste the difference